Wyndham City Council is committed to achieving sustainable outcomes and ensuring Council’s operations and procurement activities have a positive impact to the City in which we live. Council is committed to embedding sustainable procurement in line with its endorsed strategies, plans and policies; Wyndham 2040 Vison, Environment & Sustainability Strategy 2016-2040, Greenhouse Action Plan, Climate Change Adaptation Strategy and Procurement Policy.
To deliver on Council’s commitment to the local community and the environment, Council uses procurement as an opportunity to generate social, environmental and economic benefits beyond the purchases required. These benefits include:
- Local job creation and stronger local economy;
- Diversity of suppliers (e.g. female-led, indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse, inclusive employers, social enterprises, small and medium enterprises etc);
- Reducing unethical labour sources and conditions in the supply chain;
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
- Protection or restoration of ecological systems;
- Reducing waste to landfill and increase recycling;
- Reducing water consumption and improving water management; and
- Improving the ability to adapt to climate change;
Wyndham City Council has partnered with the Supply Chain Sustainability School so suppliers and local businesses can access free online sustainability training that will assist Wyndham City Councils supply chain in collaborating with Council to deliver on its sustainability commitments. The Supply Chain Sustainability School provides tailored learning resources for both Council suppliers, local businesses and Wyndham staff, so to improve sustainability knowledge and capacity and therefore better integrate sustainability requirements into procurement approaches and decisions.
As a current or potential supplier to Wyndham City Council, we request that you follow these simple steps. As you’ll discover, signing up is easy and free, and your membership gives you access to an ever-growing range of resources, materials, e-learning modules and templates.