Supply chain innovators were out in force at the Supply Chain Innovation Summit at the Swissotel Sydney 23-25 July 2019.
Supply Chain Sustainability School CEO, Hayley Jarick, was delighted to be asked to join the panel on “stakeholder engagement and the socially responsible and transparent supply chain” with Lawerence Christoffelsz (CEO Australian Trade Logistics Corporation), Siju Johny (CPO TransGrid) and Mark Daniels (Executive Director Buyer Services, Social Traders).
The panel addressed tough questions from attendees on the competitiveness of Australian manufacturing and tips for future-proofing. Hayley said, “Every decision you make will have a social, environmental and economic impact. Don’t be ignorant and don’t ignore it. Embrace transparency.” It was great to introduce the school and promote the great resources the school has available to supply chain leaders and innovators in the built environment and beyond.
The conference theme was ‘growing competitive industries through supply chain transformation’ and many other emerging trends were tackled including:
• Technology solutions to management challenges and opportunities
• Supporting the SME ecosystem in international supply chain expansion
• Reaching global markets
• The impact of Blockchain, robotics, automation, artificial intelligence and digital transformation
• 360-degree customer experience
• Next-generation planning, budgeting and analytics
• Trust and transparency
• Transport logistics disruption and transition
• Supply chain careers for women
• Data warehousing
• Product lifecycle management
• Operational transparency and visibility
• Industry collaboration and partnerships
• Human-centred design
Some notable insightful quotes of the day include:
“Its no longer the big that eat the small. It’s the fast that beat the slow.” Rajeev Mitroo (Managing Director of Asia Pacific, Aera Technology)
“Reward people for the pursuit of excellence” Warwick Powell (Founder and Chairman, Beefledger)