Look no further. We have a dream job vacancy!
The Supply Chain Sustainability School Limited is hiring for a new role to support our Fellows and Members.
The dream position:
- work from home,
- part-time 8 hours per week,
- flexible hours (great as a second job, job whilst studying, getting back into work from parental leave, decelerating into retirement, or just easy to fit around your lifestyle),
- no qualifications,
- no prior knowledge and
- no experience is required.
The dream organisation:
- everyone welcomed (LGBTIQ+, indigenous, migrant, refugee, neurodiverse, accessibility diverse, any gender, any age,…)
To apply send a cover letter (1 page) and resume (1-2 pages) to [email protected]
Applications open on 1 August 2023 and close when we find the right candidate.
Position: Sustainability Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Purpose of role: Customer support for Members and Fellows. Business development for new Fellows.
Primary duties and responsibilities (not exhaustive):
- Manage the [email protected] email inbox
- Recruit and onboard new Fellow organisations
- Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested or required.
- Lived experience with a sustainability topic area (desirable). For example minority group inclusion, modern slavery, sustainability rating certification, or sustainability reporting.
- In or with a charity or not-for-profit organisation (desirable)
- In or with a small organisation (desirable)
- In or with the sustainability or supply chain profession (desirable)
Skills & competencies:
- Computer skills: proficiency using Windows and Microsoft Office suite.
- Shows initiative: recognises potential leads and generates savvy, cost‐effective approaches to address issues.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication styles depending upon the audience.
- Copywriting: writing text to persuade a person or group to take action.
- Accountability: complete assigned tasks, perform required duties, and be present to fulfil or further the organisation’s goals.
- Alignment with organisational values.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude to respond to both the expected and unexpected issues that arise.
- Flexible to undertake whatever tasks are necessary for the organisation to succeed.
- Work outside standard office hours may be required in the evenings and on weekends by exception.
- This position does not require frequent or regular travel and travel may be required by exception.
This job description illustrates the post’s scope and responsibilities and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by this role’s development and the business’s development.